Hundreds of online casinos accept PayPal as a deposit and withdrawal method. However, as an Indian resident, you would be out of luck as even if a casino supports PayPal for payments, it wouldn’t be available to you. At most online casinos, only UK and Irish players would be able to use PayPal.
Top 3 PayPal Casinos in October 2023
The below-listed PayPal casinos are considered some of the best to play at due to their strict licensing regulations, many years of operating and long-standing reputation for providing a top-quality casino experience.
Benefits of Playing Casino With PayPal
Looking to play casino games online, there are many benefits of using PayPal such as:
- Top-level security: Licensed and regulated by the FCA, PayPal keeps your financial information safe via encryption and other fraud protection tools, such as two-factor authentication.
- Fast transaction speed: Deposit and withdrawals to and from online casinos are instant. Once a casino has processed a withdrawal request, it is instantly received in your PayPal account.
- Highly convenient: PayPal is easy to use with deposits to casinos only requiring you to log in to your PayPal account and confirm the transaction.
- Protection of personal information: No sensitive information has to be shared when using PayPal at casinos, unlike card details when using a Visa or Mastercard.
Best Payment Alternatives to PayPal: A Comparison
While casinos with PayPal exclude India and most other countries from using the payment method, there are similar alternatives that are widely accepted by casinos and available to players worldwide. These are all e-Wallets that come with many of the same benefits as PayPal. Find a comparison of the methods below.
|Deposit time to casino||Instant||Instant||Instant||Instant|
|Withdrawal time from casino||Instant||Instant||Instant||Instant|
|Deposit fee to casino||None||None||None||None|
|Withdrawal fee from casino||None||None||None||None|
|Deposit fee to wallet||None||0 – 5%||0 – 5%||0 – 10%|
|Withdrawal fee from wallet||None||0 – 3.99%||0 – 3.99%||$3 – $10.68|
|Currency conversion fee||up to 4.5%||up to 3.99%||up to 3.99%||1.25% – 2.99%|
|Merchants that accept||Millions||120,000||Few||Few|
|Ease of use||Easy||Easy||Easy||Easy|
|Security||Two-factor authentication||Two-factor authentication||Two-factor authentication||Two-factor authentication|
|Reputation (trustpilot score)||1.3 out of 5||3.9 out of 5||3.4 out of 5||3.3 out of 5|
|Skrill casinos||Neteller casinos||Payz casinos|
How to Make Deposits and Withdrawals Using PayPal in Online Casinos
To make a casino deposit with PayPal, follow these steps:
- Sign up for an account with a casino accepting PayPal.
- Click on the deposit or account balance button in the menu.
- Select PayPal as your deposit method.
- Enter the amount to deposit and confirm.
- Log in to your PayPal account via the window that appears.
- Click a confirmation button to confirm the casino deposit.
To make a casino withdrawal with PayPal, follow these steps:
- Log in to your casino account.
- Click on your account balance to go to the cashier.
- Select the withdrawal tab.
- Choose PayPal as your withdrawal method.
- Enter the amount to withdraw.
- Confirm and wait for the casino to pay you.
What Is PayPal’s Policy on Online Casino Transactions?
PayPal has a strict policy on gambling and is known to permanently ban user accounts that breach its terms and conditions. The following is stated in PayPal’s user policy on gambling:
- “PayPal prohibits transactions for gambling activities by merchants and account holders in the U.S. and any jurisdiction where gambling activities are illegal, and by merchants whose services are accessible to account holders in the U.S.”
- “PayPal allows approved gambling merchants to use our service in certain jurisdictions where gambling activities are legal.”
- “Unless we’ve approved the merchant, account holders may not use PayPal to send or receive payments for any form of gambling activities, including but not limited to: payments for wagers, gambling debts, and gambling winnings”
A casino with PayPal would most likely be authorized to offer the payment method for gambling transactions. If so, you would not be running any risk of getting your PayPal account banned for depositing and withdrawing with PayPal.
However, as a user, it would be your responsibility to ensure that the casino that is offering PayPal actually is authorized to do so. Because if it isn’t, your account could be banned.
Is It Legal to Use PayPal at Casino Sites?
The legality of using PayPal for online casino transactions varies depending on where you live. In India, it is not legal per se, but as most states don’t have any laws surrounding gambling at offshore casinos, you wouldn’t run any risk playing casino with PayPal at such casinos in those states (more on this here).
As legality varies, it is important to do your own research for the country you live in.